Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sister

When I saw this digital stamp, I immediately thought of my sister. She loves cows. Why? I'm not sure. She raises calves (bottle feeding them when necessary) and then works with them until they are show-worthy. She has taken more than a few kicks, but she continues on. Much more patience than I could ever have.For the card-I used the digital stamp from Beccy, and the papers were just some I had lying around (aren't they always?). I tried to stick with the patchwork theme she had going, by adding the paper in "squares". I thought about adding stitching, but I didn't want to take away from the image. The yellow trim I made with a flower punch and my scissors, and the ribbon is from Micheal's (a sale item, if I remember correctly). The sister charm is from Creating Keepsakes, and the buttons are from my stash.

Challenges:
Crafty Creations-3, 2, 1 recipe---three patterned papers (blue, striped and pink script)--two ribbons or trims (yellow trim, diamond ribbon)-and one charm (sister)
Poly Craft #58-3 papers (I chose 3 patterned papers), 2 buttons (white), 1 charm (sister)
Yes, complex ones this week!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful patchwork Brandi!!! Great use of scraps that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandi

    lovely card your sister will adore it, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky card...it's sure to delight your sister! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - lots of wonderful colors!! Great card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card! The cow is cool with it's quilted colors! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have tried to carry the patchwork theme through to the background with the different squares of paper Brandi, great idea. I hope your sister enjoys her card!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete