Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fly Away

This is a very different card for me. I don't think I have ever repeated an image (which is strange, because I see it done all the time and like the way it looks). Also, I tend not to use such bold colors for the background, but I figured this time I would to bring out the butterflies' coloring. Another thing I don't think I have ever done is left part of the image up off the card. I glued the body and put a brad on the thorax, but the wings are free to fly! I also added a chalk shadow under the image (which of course is new because I have never let the image fly before). So a plethora of newness in this card, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Challenges:
Flutterby-wings and fav color (mine are red and purple, both of which are in this card)
Lots to Do-Scenic

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...so glad that you stepped out of your comfort zone with this one!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandi and what a beautiful card you have created love the way you've done the butterflies in particular the one off the edge

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty butterflies! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty the butterflies are so effective they look like they will flutter off any moment. Thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what sweet butterflys , they look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous butterflies and the chalked shadow is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and excellent for the butterfly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how gorgeous! Fabulous job you did with the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's FBW. :)

    ReplyDelete