Friday, September 3, 2010

What I've been up to today...

Pink Piggy challenged me to do cracked glass on my card this week. This is something I have never done, so I thought I would try it if I had all the supplies I need, and I did! Some turned out better than others, one failed. . . but I will get to that in a bit. First, take a look! It is hard to see in these pictures, but they are shiny with cracks, hence the name.
Take a close look at the red one... but a closer look at the others!
The sunflowers didn't pick up embossing powder on the corners, and I didn't realize it until it was done, so I just inked them. I like how that one turned out.
OK, now you got to see a close up of the red one, here's what went wrong--I didn't read the the ink make-up before using it. I failed to use water-based ink, so it didn't wipe off like the others-leaving the result you see, instead of the ink just being in the cracks.
This one might be my favorite, I have yet to decide. I will be making these into cards in the next couple of days. But I wanted to post them before they were made as well :D


  1. This is a really cool technique... I may try it tonight...I have just regular clear embossing powder...I will let you know I it turns out....

  2. Oh my...these are awesome. They look so real as to the cracks. You did a great job.