Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

I'll admit it, I have a problem (well, I've got many, but I'm only sharing one tonight). I've become reliant on Pintrest. Not for creative ideas, but to save websites when I find one I will want to go back to. Tonight I was annoyed that the website I wanted didn't have an image big enough to pin. So, I'm getting creative. I'm writing a post about it, linking back to it and posting a picture so that I can pin my blog, which will lead to the website (sorry if you are coming from Pintrest, I realize this may be a pain to come here only to link to another site). But I have a strong desire to have things in one place, and this is the only way I can think to do it.

So my sweet hubby wanted a chicken sandwich tonight and I wanted pancakes. I typically just make him something and he eats it, but tonight I asked, so I felt obligated to fulfill his request, even if I wasn't craving it. So our apartment smells a bit funky with the mixed smells.  That aside, I goodsearched whole wheat pancakes. (I don't google when I can goodsearch. Goodsearch gives a penny to a charity for each search, in my case a local group that supports children with autism. You can choose the charity and it is powered by yahoo, so the search results are good.) I had to discard the first 6 or so due to a lack of buttermilk. But I finally found one that I had ingredients for! Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chocolate Pancakes~yum! So I've been trying to eat healthy. So even though I would normally love an excuse to eat chocolate, I substituted diced apple for the chips (peeled, diced, stuck in the microwave with water for 2 minutes, then mixed them in place of the chips). They were so yummy! And get this, the first one came out perfectly! That NEVER happens with pancakes (at least not for me!). Now, I'm not guaranteeing your first one will be perfect, but it's worth a shot :D

The only thing I would change is add more cinnamon (I think you were suppose to add more with the chocolate, but I didn't). The recipe made 13 medium sized pancakes, should inquiring minds want to know. And here is a lovely shot of the beauties:

Note: This is not my original recipe. There is a link above to follow to the creator and the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment