Monday, April 30, 2012
Crab Stuffed Rigatoni
I've had this pasta for awhile. I picked it up on sale with the thought of, I could stuff these. With what? I had no idea, I'd never stuffed a noodle before! Although it is on my bucket list-check that one off! While shopping my husband says, we should buy some crab. Me: how on earth would I prepare it? So we bought it not quite knowing what to do with it. Then the idea formed: put them together. So I researched some recipes and realized I am not sophisticated, I don't like scallions and there were many ingredients that I didn't have a clue what they were (some were definitely foreign). But from the recipes I was able to get the gist of what might taste good with the crab. And I decided to make my own recipe-gasp!
Here's my list of ingredients:
2 tomatoes, cut like the picture below
1 garlic clove (prob would do more next time, was just what I had)
3 green onions
1 t italian seasoning
1 t oregano
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
8 oz of Rigatoni noodles (picture below)
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
2 T Parmesan cheese
8 oz imitation crab meat
1 jar alfredo sauce
1.5 c chicken broth (mine was homemade, so had some other seasonings in it as well)
1. Boil water
2. Cook noodles about 5 minutes-they should not be done. These are the ones I used. About a 1/2 inch diameter.
4. While noodles are cooking blend the crab meat, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese and garlic in blender. I use our Ninja-one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
8. Start stuffing noodles. I used a stick from a candied apple to help push it in. This will take awhile. Place in greased 9x13 baking pan after stuffed.
10. Stuff the rest of your noodles.
11. Sprinkle tomatoes over stuffed noodles.
13. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
And the end result? DELICIOUSNESS!