Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trying Something Different

I came across a recipe in Woman's World Magazine for homemade bath bombs. I had purchased some in the past and really enjoyed them, so decided to try them out for myself. The recipe did call for some things I didn't have, so I made substitutions. I can share the original recipe with you via email (I guess they don't publish it online...) Below is my version (using the substitutes I had on hand). They are currently setting up, pictures to come.

Lemon Tea Bath Bomb:

1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup light oil (sunflower, canola, almond or olive-I used olive)
1 teaspoon green tea leaves (crushed)
1 muffin pan

In a large bowl (make sure it is large, the baking soda and lemon juice will bubble) mix all ingredients until bubbling stops and it is a paste-like texture. Press into the bottom of a muffin tin (I used a standard size tin, filled each cup 1/2 full and it made 7 bombs). Allow to sit in tin overnight or several hours to set up. Remove from tins and allow to air dry. Keeps indefinitely if stored in a dry container with a lid.

I'm excited to take them out of the muffin tin and see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment