Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Happenings

So I haven't taken a whole lot of time to be creative this summer. A few things here and there, but nothing really substantial. One thing my roommate and I accomplished (which is composed of mostly her art) was building and mounting the shelf (below). Remember to click on the images to enlarge them.

Picture two girls with wood, tools and directions all laid out in the hallway while we screwed in screws and pounded nails; a sight to see, I assure you. So, we were pretty proud when everything fit together correctly and we could decorate the top of it. The picture frames were a bargain buy (Dollar Tree), we just painted them. The pottery shell imprints (colored blue or green with shards of glass) were Heather's doing. As were the wire and beaded words behind the shelf on the wall. The picture frames will have beach pictures in them as soon as my printer decides it wants to print them (it gets spastic at times).


Also, I took the time to make Tory, my half brother a birthday card. I forgot how fun it is to tear paper and layer it to make the simple, yet textured water. The dragon image is from ClipArt (I just printed ant cut it out and backed it in red, to make it pop).

No comments:

Post a Comment