Friday, January 28, 2011

Family Tree

So many family photos were taken at our wedding; limiting this double layout to 8 pictures was difficult! Keep in mind that these will be side-by-side in a scrapbook with the tree layout on the right.


Ok, now for some details, the heart border is my first ever border that I created in SCAL! I looked for one and couldn't find one to my liking, so I played around with it and made my own. I am pleased with how it turned out. The Heart Tree is is a free file from Beth, over at My Cricut Scrapbooking (she has lots of good stuff!). Ok, now for the twist. I saw this somewhere and was excited about the possibilities it held of adding more space to a layout~the tree folds out!I just love the picture of my parents kissing me, but it didn't really fit the rest of the pics, so I gave it its own spot (it may go by itself on a layout later on down the road).

Challenges:
Do You Stack Up-patterned papers (background and tree)
Digi Doodle Shop- Swirls (swirly tree)
MamiDoodles-the magic of love
Wild Orchid-Sentiment (family)
Creative Scrapbooking Divas- create a layout based on the ad (follow the link to see it)


13 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts and I like the colours you've used,thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These I even like more than the previous ones! That tree with hearts is awesome!
    Thanks again for joining us at DDSB this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful. Love the tree with hearts! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful layout! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely The tree is perfect for the layout. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brandi :-) Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful patterned paper LO with us at DYSU! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, thanks for playing along with DDSB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza Brandi!
    How unique and personal!
    Thank you for sharing at Mami Doodles
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout, Brandi! Thanks again for playing in a Mami Doodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete