Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dog Congrats

This card is for my sister. She just finished school and obtained her dog and cat grooming certificate.

I searched for a half hour before I found a dog SVG that was realistic and not goofy looking. Thanks to Alice at Cute-Cutz, I was able to have a couple to choose from! The scissors I made by tracing a coloring page, found here, deleting the extra details, shrinking it and assembling in a border . I love the possibilities SCAL gives me! Originally they were just colored gray, but the chalk was hard to see, then I thought to heat emboss them, which turned out wonderfully! I used one of the tags that comes with SCAL and I used BoyzRGross font (which I love) inside of it. I dry embossed the tag and added some ribbon from my stash!

Challenges:
AllSorts-use a recycled item (I snagged the ribbon from my grandmother's trash can)
Crafty Creations-Heat it up (I heat embossed the scissors)
Wild Orchid- Sentiment

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Brandi! Am sure your sister will love it...
    Congrats to your sister in finishing her school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Congrats to your sis! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely creation! Thank you so much for entering my recycling challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card love the scissors...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete