Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday Card and a Blog Hop

I made this as a birthday card for a friend of mine. She is only 5 days older than me! She has a very different style from what I typically make and I was trying to capture that. I think I did, because when I showed it to my husband asking, "is this her, or do I need to try again?" he said, "this is not your typical card, but it is elegant and she will love it". I'm so fortunate to have a husband that fully supports my crafting and can give me an honest opinion. No doubt due to his talented mother, thanks, Tammy! The wording is a bit hard to read on the first, but I hope the second shows it better.
The sentiment is a digtal stamp from Ginger, you can find it here. The roses are Penny Duncan's cut file. The corner swirl, a punch and the bottom swirls are embossed. The blue paper is The Paper Studio, and the brown is a patterned wall paper sample.

Challenges:
Crafty Creations-heat it up (heat embossing on top left layer and sentiment-blue on top and clear on rest)
Do You Stack Up-patterned papers
Digi Doodle Shop's Best-Swirls
Wild Orchard-Sentiment

On another note, I am participating in my first ever blog hop in a couple of weeks! I am part of an amazing group of Scrapbooking and papercrafting DIVAS and we are hosting a Be My Valentine Blog Hop on February 7-14th!

I hope you can find time that week to hop along with us!


14 comments:

  1. Very pretty, thanks for playing along with DDSB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty and stylish Brandi
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! That could be a great wedding invitation - great colors!
    Thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful swirly background ambossing and corners! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep - clean and elegant - lpvely

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brandi, thanks so much for sharing your elegant patterned paper card with us at DYSU! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandi that is an awesome card. You know that hubby of yours is really awesome card maker himself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, he should dip into my stash a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at WOC♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant! I love your color palette!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing along in our Heat it up challenge at Crafty Creations this week! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every now and then it's good to get out of your comfort zone and this is a great non comfort card! Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete