Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finally Finished!

Ok, so I've been planning these for some time. I searched garage sales for weeks trying to find throw pillows, because I wasn't willing to spend very much money on them when I was going to recover them. One Saturday after searching I came home to find that the apartment next door had put a pretty worn out couch to the curb. And guess what it had with it? Matching pillows! So I didn't even have to pay a penny for them (although I washed them several times before bringing them in from the hallway). So this is what I had to work with:
The tear was present when I picked them up, but the washing machine made it larger.
All in all, not a bad pattern, but they weren't meant to stay that way. I made them to match the wall hangings that I made awhile back to go in my bedroom view the post on how that all worked out here. The buttons did involve a quick run to Scrapbook Friend'z, a wonderful local shop (but I got 15 buttons for $0.54!!). I love going there, and I think my husband even had fun helping me pick out buttons...shh...don't tell!
So... what do you think?! I find them to be a quite charming addition to my bedroom. I thought I remembered a challenge that said to alter something, but when I looked at the list, I found several more I could enter these into. Fun, fun!!

Challenges:
Wild Orchard-ribbons and bows ribbon is used for the horizontal stripe and to make the flower
PollyCraft-cute and cuddly I can't think of anything more cuddly than a pillow, and I'd like to think they are cute :)
Stampin' Royalty-not a card certainly not a card
Lots To Do-alter something it has been altered!
All Sorts-Plain and Simple I'm a simple sort of girl, so this works for me :)
Anything Goes-cute I'd like to think they are cute :)

13 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL!!! Great fabric....love the panels on the wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on those pillows - very creative! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you might get this twice, did not show the first time, blogger playing up.
    great, job, love the ribbon and bows, lovely choice of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Brandi....SO GORGEOUS...I LOVE those colors together too!!!!!! You've done SUCH a beautiful job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Brandi - love the colours you've used and they match well with your wall hangings

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recycling - what a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is simply stunning work gosh really love the design,and the flower out of ribbon is amazing hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that fabric. The colour is awesome! I'd say Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip. Love it! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Project, perfect for this weeks challenge!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute idea. You rocked this week's "anything but a card" challenge. Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fab, love the way that you rescued them and gave them a make over , the colours you have used are great , bet you are really pleased with them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just in case my comment went astray love what you have done here looks fabulous thank you for sharing with us at LTD xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete