Monday, August 30, 2010

Cricut and Me

I was missing my Cricut, as I hadn't played with it in some time. I had been meaning to make something with our last name on it, as the back door doesn't have the apartment letter on it. Here is what I came up with. I took lots of pictures because made each butterfly and flower different, adding various things to make each one unique. First is the picture of the whole thing, although the lighting in the hallway isn't good. I took it in to get the closer pictures in better lighting.
I used the Jubilee Celebrations Cricut Cartridge, using the special village button-perfect for this project!
The wreath part close up as a whole. The rest of the pictures are closer, so you can see the details.
The flowers are from the Stamping Cartridge, as are the cut-out butterflies. A few of the leaves are also from the Stamping Cartridge and a couple are from the Stretch your Imagination Cartridge. The papers are assorted. I know there are some from the Paper Studio and some from Amanda Blu.
Inked in yellow and outlined in copper.
The glitter is Stickles. Blue Making Memories ink on the orange flower.
These are probably the best bows I have made in my life-they deserved their own picture :)
Again, Stickles to decorate the flower (the brown is marker).
Some embossing was done on the pink butterfly-transparent pearls; as well as gold and silver on two flowers.
Hope you enjoyed this non-conventional piece for me!

A couple of Challenges this fits:
Flutterby Wednesday
Wild Orchard

12 comments:

  1. Oh that's so PRETTY!!! Wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant, Brandi! No doubt whose flat it is now lol lol!!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi. It's beautiful. I'm so impressed. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Brandi it looks fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL creation Brandi...They'll DEFINATELY know which apt is yours......You should be VERY Proud of that creation!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brandi!!!! you have got the patience of a saint! this is totally fantastic!!! jaw-dropping gorgeous!!!!

    i sell my cards locally so some (key word here) of my halloween cards sell tho' halloween is definitely NOT a big card seller for me. i DO send some out to friends. would you like one? email me (poca62@comcast.net) your address and i'd be thrilled to send you a card every now & again.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very precious, Brandi! You better nail it to the door --- somebody will be wanting that for their very own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha Gloria. It has our last name on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Brandi this is amazing and looks like you put a lot of love into this beautiful creation! Gorgeous work hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation and soooo much detail.

    Love it brandi just perfect.

    Thankd for joining us over at Anything Goes this week Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is awesome..I love it. I love the idea and everything about this....absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressive! I love it. This project is perfect for the front door. Anyone would feel welcomed when they approached your home.

    I teach also (5th grade)...what/where do you teach?

    If you get a chance, I would love for you to come take a peek at a few of my projects.

    Georgiana : )
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete